Fara í aðalinnihald

FORREST GUMP GOES TO HEAVEN

The day finally arrived. Forrest Gump dies and goes to heaven. He is at the Pearly Gates, met by St. Peter himself. However, the gates are closed, and Forrest approaches the gatekeeper. St. Peter said, "Well, Forrest, it is certainly good to see you. We have heard a lot about you I must tell you, though, that the place is filling up fast, and we have been administering an entrance examination for everyone. The test is short, but you have to pass it before you can get into Heaven." Forrest responds, "It sure is good to be here, St. Peter, sir. But nobody ever told me about any entrance exam. I sure hope that the test ain't too hard. Life was a big enough test as it was." St. Peter continued, "Yes, I know, Forrest, but the test is only three questions.

First: What two days of the week begin with the letter T? Second: How many seconds are there in a year? Third: What is God's first name?" Forrest leaves to think the questions over. He returns the next day and sees St. Peter, who waves him up, and says,

"Now that you have had a chance to think the questions over, tell me your answers" Forrest replied, "Well, the first one -- which two days in the week begins with the letter "T"? Shucks, that one is easy. That would be Today and Tomorrow."
The Saint's eyes opened wide and he exclaimed, "Forrest, that is not what I was thinking, but you do have a point, and I guess I did not specify, so I will give you credit for that answer.
How about the next one?" asked St. Peter. "How many seconds in a year? Now that one is harder," replied Forrest, but I thunk and thunk about that, and I guess the only answer can be twelve." Astounded, St. Peter said, "Twelve? Twelve? Forrest, how in Heaven's name could you come up with twelve seconds in a year?" Forrest replied, "Shucks, there's got to be twelve: January 2nd, February 2nd, March 2nd... "
"Hold it," interrupts St. Peter. "I see where you are going with this, and I see your point, though that was not quite what I had in mind....but I will have to give you credit for that one, too. Let us go on with the third and final question. Can you tell me God's first name"? "Sure," Forrest replied, "it's Andy." "Andy?" exclaimed an exasperated and frustrated St Peter.
"Ok, I can understand how you came up with your answers to my first two questions, but just how in the world did you come up with the name Andy as the first name of God?"

"Shucks, that was the easiest one of all," Forrest replied. "I learnt it from the song, "ANDY WALKS WITH ME, ANDY TALKS WITH ME, ANDY TELLS ME I AM HIS OWN." St. Peter opened the Pearly Gates, and said: "Run Forrest, run."

Ummæli

Vinsælar færslur af þessu bloggi

svona keppnis...

Drengurinn byrjaði að æfa Frjálsar íþróttir núna í byrjun október. Gormurinn nær ekki að mæta á allar æfingar því fimleikarnir ganga fyrir og þetta rekst aðeins saman. En hann er duglegur að hlaupa milli og taka strætó og gerir eins og hann getur að komast á æfingar. Fyrsta mótið sem hann tekur þátt í var haldið í dag. Silfurmót ÍR í Laugardagshöll - yfir 500 krakkar mættir til leiks í öllum aldurshópum og greinum. KEB ákvað að keppa i 60m og 200m spretthlaupi og vildi sjá til með 800m hlaup. Við BH ætluðum að vera og sjá en misstum af 60m sprettinum þar sem hann kom fyrstur í mark í sínum riðli. Svo er farið eftir tíma og hann endaði í 7. sæti af 16 keppendum, ekki slæmt það :o) Hins vegar vorum við komin að kíkja á þá félaga þegar 200m hlaupið hófst og það var gaman að sjá þá strákana - allir að gera sitt besta. KEB var greinilega í sterkum riðli því það var sko hlaupið. Hann var annar mest allan tímann og þá hélt sá sem var þriðji að hann gæti bara komið framúr, KEB ekki sáttur þega...

Framtíðarsýn

Ég er pínu óróleg með að ég sjái hugsanlega fram í tímann, þessi framtíðarsýn mín er mjög sennileg. Hún er svona... Ég keyri Vesturlandsveginn á leið í bæinn, það er gott veður - sól og blár himinn - yndislegur vordagur. Tónlistin á háum styrk, ég með sólgleraugun, búin að hafa mig til, hárið fínt búin að klína spartli og lit á andlitið - syng með skemmtilegu lagi (sumir myndu segja gaula... ég held mig við syng). Að venju er hægri fóturinn aðeins þungur, búin að vera dugleg í ræktinni undanfarin ár... er alveg að sligast af vöðvum þess vegna, vöðvar eru þyngri en fita eins og allir vita ekki satt ? Bíllinn slefar í hundraðið... eða rúmlega það, sé það ekki vel í þessari sýn, eina sem skiptir máli er að drossían skröltir hraðar en 80 km/klst. Og auðvitað ryðst ég inn í radargeislann á þessum ljóshraða mínum og fljótlega blikka blá ljós fyrir aftan mig og ég neyðist til að hægja á skrjóðnum og renna ljúflega út á vegaöxlina. Ég lækka í tónlistinni, renni niður hliðarrúðunni og bíð...